Sunday, March 16, 2014

The way we were... Gulliver's Travels

I just found this great shot of the Cushman grandparents, Ralph and Nell, and their grandchildren. I've always said that I was the "runt" of the litter... here is the evidence... What struck me first upon finding this was the robustness and obvious strength of my brother Ralph, (around fourteen years old!) sporting his "Hollywood Crewcut"... and the distinct physical difference between him and the rest of us, either old and frail or small and weak. Ralph looks like Gulliver among the little people. He was and still is the golden boy, if there ever was one!
 
The children of brothers Ralph and Richard Cushman with their grandparents.
Front row: Russell, Nell holding baby Susan, Ralph Sr. holding Robert, and Reynolds. Back row: Ralph III and Richard Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment